TechSpot

GeForce 5600 Antialias problem

By PC_Nerd
Dec 13, 2005
  1. Whenever i play a game that uses antialiasing (ie, Rome:Total War, Call of Duty 2, Myst V), the screen goes all wierd with randomly coloured pixels and showing vertexes (I cant show you pictures, because when I take a screenshot with GrabCaptureScreen, the wierdness dosent show up). I need to turn off antialiasing, this has never happened before. I have Nvidia drivers v81.95, running Leadtek Winfast GeForce 5600 256mb with My VIVO, on a Gigabyte GA-7N400S-L.

2. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 82

Come on People!!

I need to know whether anyone else has this problem, or if yous think my card is ****ed...

3. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 361

Those are called artifacts, they appear when something is wrong with your GPU. It's usually related to overheating, although drivers may also be the cause. Try going back a few driver versions until the problem is solved.

If it doesn't, then you'll have to replace the Heatsink/Fan with a better one (check first if the one you've got is working ok).

4. PC_Nerd

Where do i get previous version NVidia drivers?
    Everest says my GPU is sitting at a good temp (Around 60 degrees celcius), so i dont think its overheating.
    PS. The actual model number for my card is 'Leadtek Winfast A310 TD MyVIVO' and ive attached a picture so you an see its great heatsink/fan.

Attached Files:

5. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 361

6. PC_Nerd

Thanks for the link, ill put in the last drivers and blow out the fan with some compressed air to see if that'll fix it.

7. cyrax

cyrax TS Rookie Posts: 69

while i guess drivers might help, you must remeber the fx series were plauged with not just heating issues but also strange image processing occurances. A friend came across this while using antialaising in return to castle wolvenstein with his 5700

8. cyrax

cyrax TS Rookie Posts: 69

And another thing. With 4x antialaising performance degraded very quickly.Fights were almost unbearable.

9. PC_Nerd

:( I didn't know that!! Now i really wanna win that geforce7800 comp!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.