geforce 6600gt AGP availible!!! woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
amazon_sephy said:
Hey all, apparently buy.com has it in stock, check it out

http://www.buy.com/retail/Product_jump.asp?sku=10387999&dcaid=1688

Costs about $30 more than pci-express tho, oh well.

anyone happen to know if this card will only work on agp 8x, or will agp4x be fine??

No. AGP Pro video card will only work in AGP Pro, however, AGP 4X,8X will work on either AGP 8X or 4X. Please research more information on that card. If the vendor stated that the video card only say of AGP 8X. it wont work in AGP 4X. AND YOU CANNOT PUT PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD IN A PCI! if your motherboard say that the video card compability of AGP 4x, and 8X then it will works. Check out your mobo manual.

P.S. Please use the approprate english language instead of 1337 talks. Some of us dont really understand of 1337 (Leet) talk. Thanks.

Uh, ok, that did not make any sense at all.... I was only talking about agp 8x/4x variants for one thing, you didnt even have to start talking about agp pro for pci anything. You also contradict youself saying that yet it will work in agp4x tthen you go and say it wont... I took a look on nvidia's website and they said that agp8x videocards will work in agp4x mobo's.

amazon_sephy said:
Uh, ok, that did not make any sense at all.... I was only talking about agp 8x/4x variants for one thing, you didnt even have to start talking about agp pro for pci anything. You also contradict youself saying that yet it will work in agp4x tthen you go and say it wont... I took a look on nvidia's website and they said that agp8x videocards will work in agp4x mobo's.

No, you misunderstood me, what i said is
bushwhacker said:
...if your motherboard say that the video card compability of AGP 4x, and 8X then it will works.

A motherboard that has AGP 4x and 8X, it WILL run on neither AGP 4X or 8X! Also Nvidia isn't only one can stated that issue, look more on many mobo company, MSI for instance.

EDITED: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back