Geforce 7600GS vs ATI X1650 Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazexak

im trying to get a good agp graphic card for my spare pc but im not sure which to choose. geforce7600GS or atix1650? even with the specification i still cant decide. hope to get some nice suggestion.

Specifications
GPU/VPU: Radeon X1650
RAMDAC: 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines: 12
Additional Features: DirectX 9
Video Memory: 512MB
Memory Type: DDR2
Memory Interface: 128-bit
Core Clock: 500 MHz
Memory Clock: 800 MHz
Interface Type: AGP
Interface Speed: 8X
Connector(s): DVI
VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)
S-Video

Specifications
GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
RAMDAC: Dual 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines: 12
Maximum Resolution: 2560 x 1600 (Digital)
Video Memory: 512MB
Memory Type: 128-bit GDDR2
Core Clock: 400 MHz
Memory Clock: 533 MHz
Interface Type: AGP
Interface Speed: 8X
Connector(s): DVI
TV/S-Video
VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)

They are the same, take your pick. Also, if you can find a GDDR3 version of either, grab that instead if it is not too expensive compared to the GDDR2 version.

They are the same, take your pick. Also, if you can find a GDDR3 version of either, grab that instead if it is not too expensive compared to the GDDR2 version.

Thx for your advice rage. The clock memory and core memory of x1650 are higher than 7600GS. Do this difference cause any gap in performance?(sorry for asking because im not quite sure about what are core and clock memory)

Not really, since the clock rates cannot be used for comparison purposes due to the different architecture on each card. Look here for a comparison between each card's specs. The X1650 is faster at shader and vertex calculations, but the 7600GS is faster in texture and pixel throughput. So they are evenly matched and you can get either without losing any features to the other card.

The wattage is what matters along with the build quality (i.e. the brand), not the voltage. Just post that info from the PSU sticker and we can tell you if you need a PSU upgrade or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back