GeForce 8500GT video card compatibility

can i install 2 geforce 8500 gt video cards i have two that splice together with an nvidia SLI the problem is that on my motherboard I only have 1 place to install a video card unless i'm not seeing the other please if any one knows how please include details on how to install or a website that has the information on how to install video cards

If you don't see the second PCI-E x16 graphics card slot, then the motherboard doesn't support SLI. You'll have to get another motherboard that does.

Fuggeddaboutit.........

can i install 2 geforce 8500 gt video cards i have two that splice together with an nvidia SLI the problem is that on my motherboard I only have 1 place to install a video card unless i'm not seeing the other please if any one knows how please include details on how to install or a website that has the information on how to install video cards
Only very high priced motherboards come with 2 PCI-E X16 slots for crossfire (ATI) or SLI (Nvidia).

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but 2 8500GT cards are a massive waste of time, effort and electricity. One 8800GT has almost double the bandwidth of that setup. In fact, a single 8600GT will probably come close to outperforming it also.

Did they even make 8500's with SLI connectors? Mine doesn't have one, and I'm not sure why any manufacturers would have bothered to do so, other than as a marketing ploy.

Back