Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I've just built up a new system: -

geforce 8800gt
2gb ram
windows vista ultimate
600w psu
duo core processor

Basically im having major problems with the gfx card (well im assuming its that).
Whenever im going onto games such as call of duty 4 or world of warcraft, i'm having lots of flickering on the screen, even at one point call of duty 4 went so fuzzy i couldnt see anything and had to turn off my PC. When i'm not playing games, it leaves horizontal marks across the screen for a while!

It also flickers black then displays a message: - (not the exact words) Video card did not display correctly and has successfully recovered.

I've updated the drivers from the site and this is a newly purchased gfx card. Could it be faulty or is it anything to do with any settings anywhere?

Is the auxiliary power connector on the end of the graphics card plugged into the power supply?

Are the drivers the correct drivers for VISTA? They are different than those utilized by WXP

It is yes. Double checked that its firmly into the slot, hooked upto the psu etc... still having the same problems :(

Im not 100% about the drivers. How can i check for sure they are right? Or is there somewhere you can direct me to download them?

Thanks

Winters said:
I've updated the drivers from the site...
What site are you referring to? For the lastest Nvidia graphics driver, I would go here: Nvidia XP 32bit driver.

This is for the 32 bit version of Vista. If you have the 64 bit version, get the driver appropriate for that one.

i had that problem a lot with C&C3 on my 8600GT, new drivers seem to have pretty much cleared up the problem - i think a new one was released this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back