GeForce FX 5200 Drivers/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. well I just got a PCI GeForce Fx 5200 128MB (because my computer only has PCI slots :( ), and when I went to test some games I ran into a little bit of trouble.
When I open the game there is a black column on the left side of the screen, as if the game is not using the full screen. However, when I actually start playin (game has loaded and everything), the screen turns black just in between the loading screen and the time that the game starts. It only goes black for about 5 seconds and then when the game comes up, there is no black column, but everything is shrunken. However in a strategy game, losing that 10 seconds in game speed time really hurts you.
I'm not sure if I need to download drivers/updates, and if I do, what drivers/updates would I download?
Thanks,
eNjOi

The drivers that come with video cards are usually out of date. You can download the latest ones at nVidia.com.

i am not too sure if i know what i am talking about but i thinki that the newest update which is the v 66.94 is kinda busted cause to me it has downloaded every dll file i needed. thats why i am kinda busted open right now. just an opinion. my its the direct x 9.0c

hey.....nvidia cards work ona unified architecture so any videcard from the geforce2 generation to the latest 6800 work on the same drivers but a lot of what that driver has is specifically tuned for the newer version and a lot is useless.i would suggest you try a little older version of there driver.try 45.32 or 30.82 version they always worked great with my cardyou;ll have to check to see which suits you best.

Strange. I also have a nVidia GeForce FX5200 and I have the latest Forceware drivers installed. I think they were 81.something and I have had no problems in any games. My card is however the AGP 8x version.

Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 update url

Hello Xdark__angelX;

here is the url for the update to your driver (version 81.85 Oct20/05):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

I hope it helps you! Be sure to disable any AntiVirus Software (disconnect from Internet...& remove the old Nvidia Driver from your control panel.
Start...
Control Panel..
Add & Remove Programs...
Delete Nvidia Driver...

With AntiVirus Disabled & Disconnected from your Internet...Install the Driver

Good Luck!

Sup, need some help

I have a GeFORCE FX 5200, an i wanted to know what the best setting is for a video game, so maybe my (FPS)"Frams Per Second" for those who dont no :D

Have the NVidia GeForce XF 5200 and want to upgrade...suggestions?

Looking to upgrade my graphics card, running into some problems playing the new Quake game, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hello, eNjOi, xdark_angelx, debbieboo, swphilly2, iml8agn and welcome to Techspot :wave: (even though i realize some of you haven't visited for 3 years ;))

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your question (iml8agn), take a look at this thread: "So you only have PCI slots and want to game?" or this one "Guide to Video Card Upgrades/Questions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back