Geforce FX 5500 256MB video card problems

By wolfviking
Jul 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I originally had a Geforce3 ti200 64MB card in my computer and was playing World of Warcraft. It ran fine on the lowest settings, but I decided i wanted at least a little more FPS. So I went out and bought a Geforce FX 5500 256MB card. WELL! The new card actually runs worse with the game than the older card. What gives here? I am pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff.. So any help would be great. Don't wanna return the card till I know there is no way I can get it to run better. I have downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers.\

Thank you

~Jon

System:
    Pentium 4 2ghz
    512 RAM
    120GB Hard Drive
    WinXP Home Edition
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What psu do you have?

It may just be that your psu isn`t giving out enough juice for you new videocard.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. wolfviking

wolfviking Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have a 250 watt PSU. I was gonna see about upgrading that, but my problem is that I have a Dell Dimension 4400 series.. I have been told that power supplies can be hard to find for that. I began to look at maybe getting a whole new case, but not sure if dell did something that will mess up the crossover. I do know how to move the stuff, I have done it before with systems. Any thoughts? Thanks

~Jon
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.