GeForce Grid will let you stream games on a Kepler-based GPU

By Matthew
May 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. We've already seen Nvidia's latest graphics architecture in action on standard gaming rigs, but the company shared some of Kepler's cloud-centric benefits during the GPU Technology Conference in San Jose,...

Read the whole story
  2. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TechSpot Booster Posts: 256   +45

I was reading a first part some hours ago at NVIDIA's website about both VGX and grid, now that I finished reading I had the curiosity to look for a recent new published here about some patents NVIDIA had bought to see if it had any relation with these announcements [I read about NVIDIA's adquiring of Physix time ago], and I thought "maybe this is a new specialization area" [Tegra, Quadro, Tesla, GeForce...]. I don't quite see the potential yet of that for gamers in general -tryed OnLive months ago-, maybe for casual gamers who want a decent and cheap service for playing, but I don't know about how many are we talking about.

I just wish them luck with their new implementations for the cloud-based growing industry. It's almost a fact that's the future -not my opinion, but companies keep pushing into the idea- and let's see just how much potential it has in terms of experience and cost, if it's really worth it in some scenarios, or definitely there's nothing like paying a premium price for the "full experience" (you know: your own rig, bought games either online or physically, and whatever you wanna add to your experience -multi-displays, 3D, etc.).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.