TechSpot

Gen:Variant.Kazy.5912

By mistairs875
Jan 3, 2011
  1. Good day,

I'm trying to help my dad out here, he is getting a virus alert that will pop up with a bubble at the bottom of his screen saying he has this virus "Gen:Variant.Kazy.5912" in file name "QunMknIyHJtwbe.dll" Now, normally this wouldn't be an issue, but every time it quarantines the file, the file re-appears, and he is getting this bubble every 30 seconds. I have a deep system scan running right now to see if that can do ANYTHING about it, but its using Rogers Online Protection, which in my opinion is a piece of garbage for a Virus Scanner, would upgrading him to Kaspersky be a good idea, or is there anything else anyone can recomend to get rid of it? Any speedy help would be greatly appreciated as I am only still in town for today, leaving in the morning to go back home, and if I tried to guide him through any complicated steps he would be completely lost :haha:

Thanks in advance.

2. crunchie

crunchie Malware Helper Posts: 728

Hi and welcome to TechSpot forums :).

====

Please read the directions given here and when done, post the requested logs.
    Please paste the logs, do not attach them.

3. mistairs875

mistairs875 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, bad news, I ran TFC, now I can't get the computer to boot, not even to the point that I can get the choice for safe mode :S

4. mistairs875

correction, I can get a safe mode selection, BUT as soon as I select to load safe mode, computer locks up

5. mistairs875

Another Update, it took forever but windows loaded....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.