TechSpot

Generals Zero Hour

By DjKraid
Jan 10, 2009
  1. Hi!

I'm trying to play ZH in LAN with my friend and we can't even play one round....the game "ctd" or then it just says something about a "missmatch" and the round ends there :/ we have installed the "GeneralsZH-104-english.exe" patch...

what to do??

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Have you installed the patch on BOTH computers?

Have you looked in Options and network configuration to see what the IP listed is?

Are you on Dial up?

IF you are on dial up, I had to connect to the internet for it to work properly. I now know how to fix this, but I'd have to be there. Someone can explain it for you, most likely.

If you are on Broadband (or no internet), I've noticed XP-Vista connections do that on a lot of EA games. Search a fix for that on google, if nothing else. We need a little bit more information, man.

3. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 536   +21

If the patch wouldn't be installed on both computers one of them wouldn't be able to connect to the host computer..

the network settings are ok

We can be playing for 1-2h and the suddenly it just crashes...

4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

i had this problem a few times, try disabling antivirus and any other background programs

5. DjKraid

tried that allready...no good :/

6. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Well, that happens with me every now and then, seemingly more often when it's lagging really badly. Maybe someone can clarify something or gets an idea.

7. DjKraid

Yep....everything seems fine with the settings...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.