Generic flash disk USB device -- where I can find one?

darca

Like in title, I don't know when and how, but I can't open any of my pendrives and mp3 players, they dont appear in my computer, could someone guide me to solve this problem?

not sure if this helps but I had the same problem. ended up having to re-install windows.
anyway, maybe try reinstalling drivers and such.

You can check under your Folder properties and make sure under view . That( Hide empty drives in Computer Folder) has not got a check in it box.

You can check under your Folder properties and make sure under view . That( Hide empty drives in Computer Folder) has not got a check in it box.
hmm that otption was turn on, I turnet it off but didnt solve problem, I'm still missing that driver, this driver is related to mainboard, or windows?

The pen drive or mp3 are both Usb drivers. This would be windows. Not unless they have there own.

well I did everything like in How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers but still there is no way to use usb storage devices, divce manager still show taht Generic Flash Disc USB Device is witithout driver. I can use my 3g usb modem but driver that is respond for mcsd card reader in it could not be instaled, any other driver from it instaled without problem

OK. Next thing to try, Let's make sure the USB Mass Storage driver hasn't been disabled.

1) Unplug the pendrive. Open DevMgr. Now plug in the pendrive. Does a USB Mass Storage Device appear under the USB category when the pen drive is plugged in??

2) Plug in the pen drive. Download and run Serviwin. Click View->Drivers. Scroll down to USBSTOR. With pendrive plugged in, does USBSTOR entry show
> StartupType=Manual?
> Status=Started?

OK. At this point, I must say I'm confused by your results above. Indeed, your Windows drivers may be corrupt. I don't know for sure but will try looking a bit further

List any Problem devices
  • Plug the pendrive into a USB port
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
> Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
> Notice progress in lower left window corner
> When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
> Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

HUAWEI SD Storage USB DeviceUSBSTOR\DISK&VEN_HUAWEI&PROD_SD_STORAGE&REV_2.31\8&EA307EE&1The drivers for this device are not installed.
Player USB DeviceUSBSTOR\DISK&VEN_&PROD_PLAYER&REV_\00403056900000001382&0The drivers for this device are not installed.

ive uploaded info's from x86 and x64 dxdiag just in case
oh, end all this started when my memory stick had broken and my pc went off immediately with pen drive in it, unfortunately this pen was washed :/, also ram stick was replaced, hope this could help somehow

Attachments

• DxDiag x64.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 4
I looked through your data but don't have any good answers.

1. It wasn't clear from your answer earlier, do either, both or neither of your two USB devices work on a different computer?
2. Do they only fail on your own machine?

If it's only failing on your machine, my guess is something's corrupt on your machine and if you have your Windows disc try a Windows repair or even a full reinstall. Sorry no better solution :(

Sorry not really . Your best bet would to run a windows repair or just reinstall windows as was suggested before.

If you are doing a clean install on the upgrade. It may very well work. Good Luck. So if you decide to do this back up your personal stuff to cd or a flash drive.

Back