Geographically localized communities

VicRic

Hi.

I wonder if you have already a forum that is geographically localized - something like for example "vancouver.techspot.com" or "seattle.techspot.com".

I know, probably it would spread the members around leaving the quorum very low, but sometimes you need to pose a question that is targeted to a city-wide community.

Thnx

Do you have any idea, how many different communities we would end up with? Not to mention different levels of localisation.. Vancouver, Canada, North America..

Just put the localization information in the thread title if you want to narrow things down.

yeah, you're right.

I thought they could start by growing 'organically' -as they say- first with a city that attracts a decent level of participation. But anyway, I agree it wouldn't have an end.

In any case, the need is there for a forum in which one could post city-wide questions.

Thnx

It is probably possible to localize to regions, like continents, but there really is not point of doing so.

You could always check the where do you live thread stickied in meeting spot. Or create a thread if you think there are several people near you. I know its not a perfect solution, but its an option.

Back