GeoHot denies involvement in PlayStation Network hack attack

By Emil
Apr 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. PlayStation 3 jailbreaker George Hotz, also known as GeoHot, has denied that he was involved in the PlayStation Network hack last week that took the network offline and saw 77 million user accounts comprised. Here's his stance:

Read the whole story
  2. hitech0101

hitech0101 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 426   +19

Even my local newspaper had this arcticle sony gonna lose customers fast if they don't do anything.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

He put out a statement to the media that referenced vinegar based feminine hygiene prodcuts?

Don't taze me bro.
  4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

The man's keepin it real yo.
  5. Serves Sony right. Now if I can only get my roommate to shut up and stop complaining about how he can't play Black Ops.
  6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 942   +42

Not gonna happen. =p
  7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

He does have some good points imo, just seems a bit weird to criticize them so heavily after settling.

Thanks for labeling them as accounts instead of individual subscribers like other outlets.

Huh? They settled the case, Sony didn't get a legal victory here neither did Geo lose in court.
  8. I've lost allot of respect for Sony because of this. All this battle they fought only to let it hurt nobody better than their own users. When they discovered this breach of the Playstation 3 keys they should've changed it up a long ago.
  9. Uh oh.. they know my name... my email... and my birth date! I'm going to die...
  10. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

Someone could steal your identity and then die! What would that mean!? haha
  11. RaiDeR55

RaiDeR55 Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

PC FTW! Gaming Network - Internet (always On)FTW!

12. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I love that comment! It about sums it all up really! :haha:

I seriously feel for those who's details have been taken though!
  13. So stupid, why would someone hack the network? to bad if you had your bank details on your acount, lucky i didnt.;)
  14. Don't forget credit card number, security number for said card, and the secret phrase to regain account, that's just about it.
  15. Yeah man your right (Im a 360 player) all my friends play PS3 and They wont move to XBox360 no matter hwo many times PSN gets hacked they arent goning to chagne to 360 bro
  16. *sigh* Lets just fix the network and hope Sony would stop blabbering about hackers. Just get better engineers and programmers for better protection against who-ever the hacker is. They better give some compensation.

And for hackers that justify their actions by saying "freedom," make your own damn console and do whatever you want to do with it. Or change things the right way, not the controversial way. Use your head!
  17. Uhh Geo it is your crack that made this happen. Proxy, and of course you can't trust the client. just take a look at all the "back up" programs home brew created. now every friggen game is on the internet for stealing. your such a sniveling little thief piece of schnitt. it's all your fault you spoiled little brat i hope you choke on a pretzel. just wait till the feds catch this person or persons cause when they comb his computer and find your hack they'll be no stopping people from suing you into the dark ages.
  18. uhh wrong what happens if you cant login to the game servers?
  19. Just pay geohot a few million+ to set up the security system..... :)

problem solved.... :)
  20. I hate Sony now.

They've mishandled this from the get go. From the moment they went after Geo, to this very moment they've done NOTHING..I mean nothing right.

I'm in a position to recommend Sony to my customers and have for years. Not any more. Their TV's picture quality has lagged over the last few years compared to Panasonic and Samsung. Couple that with their Network's terrible security and their "douche" approach to Geo and adios Sony.
  21. man sony just sucks they knew this was going to happen, and taunted hackers to do it. its not really geoffs fault he just gave the tools to do it.
  22. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

Well, even though I'm personally on GeoHotz's side - I'd say he pretty much got his *** kicked. Sony got the right for this and that, and this and that, and then some more this and that, and then some! Mr. Hotz did not get much out of the agreement.
  23. Flannelwarrior

Flannelwarrior Newcomer, in training Posts: 149

I never suspected GeoHot...this is Anon's work, is it not?
  24. Yes some of it is Anon because Sony found some Files from them.
  25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHUFRmLv4m4

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.