Get Smile;how to save to disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

On a previous post, I said that I might buy the registered version of "Get Smile" [ I have the free demo version] & queried how could I safeguard against agaivst losing it, if my PC went down, somebody told me that they had the same programme, & told me to save it to disc before I install it, can that person, or anybody, tell me how to do this from a d/load, never had the occasion to do it before, it would be a permanent guide for future use.
As I've said on a previous post, the last time I went to use the basic Windows, or is it IE, downloader, I got a virus, is it the considered opinion of members that this is definitely a coincidence, & couldn't have been the downloader, I ask this as I will probably have to use it to d/load Get Smile.

Thanks, Maurice

bye.gif

Hiya Maurice.

Yes it was me.

The easiest way is to right click on it and a dropdown menu will appear then select send to your cdrw drive.

A balloon should appear near your system tray that tells you that you have files waiting to be written to cd.

Make sure you have a blank cd in your drive and click on the balloon

A window will then open. On the lefthand side of the window is an option to write the files to cd click on this and the cd writing wizard will appear then click ok.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I must be dim,click on what?, I download it to where?, as usual I say "to temp file" when it asks, so it goes to a temp file, then how do I go there to r/click?, sorry, Howard, but as the others can tell you, I'm ashamed to say that I have to be led, step by step [sometimes], DOH!!

Maurice
bad-news.gif
[Automated by GetSmile]

What I meant Maurice Is once you`ve downloaded it.

When you are asked where to download something to May I suggest you download to My documents then you can easily find it.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks Howard, loads of patience as usual!, I have printed off your two posts/instructions to keep by me, I haven't had a CD/RW drive for long, & so far I haven't used it to save programmes, so I was completely in the dark.
I gather that with these dark evenings, & probably lousy weather at times, you're on your PC more at the weekends. On the weather map, it looks that you had some snow, down here we've just had a cold snap, no snow [YET], getting milder in the week, the garden hasn't completely died down yet, I have even got nine or ten flowers on a clematis.
The nearest I've been to your area is West Kirby on the Wirral[?] & mid Lincolnshire, near Louth, both whilst in the R.A.F., over fifty years ago.
God, that makes me feel real old!

Maurice
bye-bye.gif

No problem Maurice.

I seem to be on Techspot most of the time just lately I really enjoy the whole thing posting, replying, and generally helping folks out, not to mention the amount of stuff that I learn.

If I can help in any way please don`t hesitate to let me know.

You can always pm me if you wish.

Regards and best wishes Howard
:grinthumb

I said that you were a good guy, so I've sent you a Xmas cake recipe by PM, just make sure that you follow it to the letter, VERY important,enjoy!

Maurice
cake.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back