Get the Complete Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit for $115

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

If you’re at all interested in electronics, programming, or robotics, you won’t find a better training ground than the Raspberry Pi 2. This credit card-sized, next-generation micro-computer packs a surprisingly powerful punch for a single-board device and, more importantly, opens a world of programming possibilities for the tech-savvy tinkerer of any age.

The Complete Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit - just $115 in the TechSpot Store - gives you all the tools and resources you need to start your Raspberry Pi experience right.

You get the Pi 2 Model B itself, featuring a Broadcom ARMv7 quad core processor, 1GB of RAM and the compatibility and versatility to do a lot more than you’d expect. You’ll also get the Pi 2’s Quick Starter Kit, including start-up accessories you’ll need like a power adapter, ethernet and HDMI cables and a Pi 2 enclosure.

And to make it all work, you’ll also receive five training courses to bring you up to speed:

• Intro to Raspberry Pi: Your complete Raspberry Pi starter tutorial.
  • Hardware Projects Using Raspberry Pi: Create Pi-controlled devices, including light detectors and motion sensors.
  • Python Programming for Beginners: Master Python, the Pi’s most accessible programming language.
  • PiBot: Build Your Own Raspberry Pi-Powered Robot: A step-by-step guide for creating a mini-robot with a Pi-driven brain.
  • Introduction to Internet of Things Using Raspberry Pi 2: Get your Pi working in tandem with a Windows computer to expand your project horizons.

At 85% off its regular price, it’s DIY computing at a dirt-cheap price.

Permalink to story.

This was made to look like some awesome deal, then I saw the $115 price tag and about fell out of my chair. You can obtain any of this information online for free, legally. (Google it.) Why would someone pay $115 for a Raspberry Pi 2 kit with a bunch of overpriced guides and tutorials thrown in? No thanks. I really like Techspot, but this post made me feel completely and utterly mislead.

Sorry for my arrogance, but to me, trying to save on a Raspberry Pi is like trying to save money by going for a cheaper toilet paper.

Why would someone pay $115 for a Raspberry Pi 2 kit with a bunch of overpriced guides and tutorials thrown in?
What an incredible ripoff and overly inflated starting price.
Tell me about it. They want us to believe the standard price is $766, so that we think 85% off is a bargain.
Sorry for my arrogance, but to me, trying to save on a Raspberry Pi is like trying to save money by going for a cheaper toilet paper.
Are we forgetting the purpose behind the Raspberry Pi?

OK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card–sized single-board computers developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of promoting the teaching of basic computer science in schools and third world countries.
It is not Raspberry Pi Foundation's fault people are buying the Raspberry outside the scope of their sales pitch. No one buying a Raspberry Pi outside this scope has any right to be disgruntled.

The pi is one of the goofiest wastes in computer history but people will buy anything then convince themselves otherwise. It may have a future purpose...Cops can play games on their way to predicted crimes in their self driving prowlers

Oh my :) No hate deserved @Kibaruk I think we are straightforward enough about deals in that we don't put them together. However we do promote them (and get a small cut if you buy stuff) and is up to readers to see if the deals are worth their time and money. That said, some are better than others.

In this case I think the "discount" is grossly overstated, not because of the hardware but because of the tutorials. You get $70-80 worth of gadgetry (I checked) and then for an additional $40 you get 5 tutorials. If you are into learning about the Pi, I don't see how this is a bad deal, it's simply not 85% off.

I just feel like the title is misleading. I'd agree that maybe it IS a good deal if you call it like it is, but calling it a Complete Raspberry Pi Starting Kit seems misleading to me, I'm thinking of a Raspberry Pi 2 starting kit like a Canakit you find on Amazon, and then 85% off of that price... I saw that and was like "HOLY SH*T! WHAT A DEAL!" Then I clicked the link and was sorely mistaken. It's a kit sure enough, with a bunch of expensive guides included. Seems like clickbait to me.

If you are into learning about the Pi, I don't see how this is a bad deal, it's simply not 85% off.

I saw that and was like "HOLY SH*T! WHAT A DEAL!" Then I clicked the link and was sorely mistaken. It's a kit sure enough, with a bunch of expensive guides included. Seems like clickbait to me.

This, misleading and having a lot of material that is already free online (And I won't get into how overpriced this are).

Also the kit it not expensive as is, and you don't need more than a video cable (That everyone has nowadays), an sd card and a phone charger (Again, a lot of those around) and a wifi dongle, which is inexpensive. This is not $80 worth of gadgetry.

Back