Get The Sims 2 for free on Origin this week

Scorpus

Staff member

From now until July 31st, EA is giving away copies of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin for free. To redeem your copy, open up Origin on your PC and log in, head to the Games tab, click on Redeem Product Code and enter the code "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS".

The Ultimate Collection bundles in every expansion pack and stuff pack alongside the original game, giving you access to 18 extra content packs for the game. Unlike Steam's free play weekends, after you've redeemed your copy of The Sims 2, it'll stay in your Origin library forever.

The Sims 2 launched in 2004 to critical acclaim, and continued to see content pack releases until late 2008. In 2009 EA released a sequel to the popular life simulator, The Sims 3, which as of today has a whopping 20 content packs available for it.

The next game in the series, The Sims 4, will launch on September 2, 2014. Despite the game containing new features, such as an improved Create-a-Sim tool and better representations of personalities, other features available in past games have been controversially removed, including swimming pools and the toddler life stage.

Permalink to story.

Not yet listed on my origin game client, 727pm, local time Philippines.
edit: game redeemed. :)
(I initially though the game was offered 'on the house'. 'I-LOVE-THE-SIMS' redeem code works. :) )

Last edited:
How sweet of them but I'll give it a miss because:
1: It's EA
2: It's EA
3: It's EA
4: The Sims isn't my type of game
5: Did I mention it's EA?

Back