Getting a few different BSoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayP316

Hi guys, I normally don't have to post anything because it's generally already available but so far I've not really seen anything that matches. I've recently updated to XP SP3 and got all the updates needed after to be able to play GTA IV, however when I'm playing after a while it crashes to a BSoD.
Now this has been going on for 6 days but at first I had windows restart automatically so I didn't really record any details but from just a few tries today I've come across 3 different errors:
0x00000024
0x0000008E
0xC0000005

It does seem to be originated to GTA as I don't believe there's been one elsewhere and I know it's a very demanding game however my specs cover it.
Now at first I was able to play GTA fine then they started to happen, first they happened quite infrequently but now I can probably play for around 5-10mins before I get one.
If it is GTA, fair do's i'll just not play it or wait for some work around but if it's because of something else I'd really like to know.

Tried Updating my drivers to no affect.

I've attached the three .dmp files I had today, although they are the small ones. I'll change it to the full ones if need be.

Thanks, JayP

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 24c28132, a861555c, a8615258}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+ad741 )
PROCESS_NAME: GTAIV.exe

BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, 805c100f, a85e6798, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iksysflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iksysflt.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BugCheck 24, {1902fe, b9733c20, b973391c, b9cebd62}
Unable to load image sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

Uninstall
Spyware Doctor
Alcohol120 or Daemon Tools

And probably your Antivirus if it's not Avira ;)

Then have a look at:

UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

By the way, is "GTA IV" genuine? Because it aint looking good :dead:

Cheers for your fast reply. Yeah the GTA is genuine and alot of people have problems with it but I really want to finish the story. So with Spyware Doctor and Daemon, are these causing a problem 100% or are you giving me a possible solution?

I'd say you're likely Malware infected
Also any high intense memory (or resident protection) programs could be causing it
The above recommendations are likely around ~ 80% likely cause

Ok, going to uninstall and follow the link instructions. Cheers for the advice, stay tuned for outcomes (hopefully good ones).

Update 1:
Well I'm still following the instructions, currently scanning with the Anti-spyware one but so far no threats found on the anti virus or anti-malware. It's not just GTA though, it seems to happen in most of my games, So i'm leaning towards thinking it's hardware specifically summat to do with the memory.

Heres 2 WoW errors I got before a BSoD:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:007D7AD4

The instruction at "0x007D7AD4" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "written".

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe

Failed to read file World\Maps\Northrend\Northrend_34_24.adt.

Debug Details:

[2] err=0 text=SFileReadFile - World\Maps\Northrend\Northrend_34_24.adt - Data\patch.MPQ
[1] err=0 text=ReadSectors/DecompressData failed
[0] err=0 text=ReadSectors/DecompressData failed

Going on past Malware and focusing on a hardware problem, how would I find out what it is? (Without buying new stuff)

Edit: dump of one of the errors.

Ok so it's going to take 4 hrs... urgh i'll do it when I get some sleep. But with the results, will it tell me if it's specially the RAM or the mobo etc.

Although Memtest tests the Ram, there is a possibility under error, that it can be the Ram channels.

Other than Ram, the only thing that concerns me is: nv4_disp.dll
Which is to do with your Video Driver

Also you did remove whatever Antivirus you were using and put Avira on (as stated earlier)?
I'd hate to think that you have Norton going on or something :rolleyes:

Yeah, followed your instructions to the letter, Installed Avira and ZoneAlarm then moved on. Just finished all the other scans got the logs here.
As for the video driver I updated them after I started getting the errors so hopefully there's nothing wrong there considering the prices atm.

That's how long it took me ;)

I'd run another HJT scan, and tick and fix the following
Make sure your Internet Browser is closed before selecting fix all:
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X IDE Setup] C:\WINDOWS\JM\JMInsIDE.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X Configure] C:\WINDOWS\system32\JMRaidSetup.exe boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DmwClient] "C:\Program Files\DMW Client 3\dmwclient.exe" (anti cheating software)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsusStartupHelp] C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.17\AsRunHelp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" /startoptions
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Nero DriveSpeed] C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\NEROTO~1\DRIVES~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [razer] C:\Program Files\Razer\razerhid.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Diamondback] C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback 3G\razerhid.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4oD] "C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KHost.exe" -all
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lycosa] "C:\Program Files\Razer\Lycosa\razerhid.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kdx] C:\Program Files\Kontiki\KHost.exe -all
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll

There were a couple of issues as well:
nTune - I'd say uninstall
Kontiki\KHost.exe - I'd say definitely uninstall this filesharing program

Restart
And let me know ;)

Quick question before I do it, What is it going to do to them? is it going to delete all of them? I ask because there are certain things there I could do with keeping:

Mouse and keyboard control.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Diamondback] C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback
3G\razerhid.exe

Msnmsger.
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"

and I thought I needed O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

Or will all these programs continue to work?
Cheers for carrying on helping btw ;)

I answered in Red

Quick question before I do it, What is it going to do to them? is it going to delete all of them? I ask because there are certain things there I could do with keeping:

Mouse and keyboard control.
This is not malware, but it may be interfering in the games - this is a test - you may need to re-install it later (your choice)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Diamondback] C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback
3G\razerhid.exe
This is not malware, but it may be interfering in the games - this is a test - you may need to re-install it later (your choice)

Msnmsger.
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
Please start Messenger manually, not with Windows - especially whilst playing games (your choice)

and I thought I needed O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
No - you don't (your choice) ;)

Or will all these programs continue to work?
Yes - except Razer - please continue
Cheers for carrying on helping btw ;)
Thanks

My pc has recently been getting BSoD's aswell especially when i try to swap what game im playing or when ive already played a couple of games that time i booted

Also im on xp sp3

Ok left the memtest over night and I don't think it looks too good, although I don't really know what I'm looking at.
Time: 8hr 30mins
Pass: 19
Fail: 97536

IntelCore2 2100Mhz
L1 Cache 32K 29577MBs
L2 Cache 2048K 13725MBs

Memory 2048M 3111MBs

Don't know if you want anything else than that, tell me if you do. I will probably be reverting back to SP2 today to see if problems still arise hopefully it's just driver issues.

Edit: Done the Hijack, well I don't think it has had any affect but I get a BSoD as soon as the game starts now so something deteriorating.
Btw this Uniblue RegistryBooster that on here, thought it was free :confused:

sptd.sys is part of Daemon Tools alright, BUT, it won't uninstall with the uninstall of Daemon Tools.

I had a problem with that devil a couple years back. After the uninstall, look for sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys [xxxx being a number] and delete them.

Just got back from work, got anything else for me to do m8? Reset the cpu speed and multipliers, it's more stable but not fixed :(

Well if I do, I may as well do the rest up and make sure everything sorted that way :D
Anyway cheers for all your help, been greatly appreciated and informative.
Cya around ;)

Update: Got my dad round, sorted the memory problem, slowed down the timing some sort of addressing issue. I'll replace the ram sum other time. Going to test GTA soon, think that may be a driver issue tho.

EDIT: Only a memory issue it seems, will fix it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back