Getting a lot of BSODs lately Win 7 BCcode 4e ect

01tdipower

Been getting a lot of BSOD's lately. Usually after or during battlefield and after the computer has been on for a while. Dump files attatched
Additional info that windows gave me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 0000000000000099
BCP2: 000000000017CC8B
BCP3: 0000000000000002
BCP4: 000000000017CC78
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I have run 9 passes of windows extended memory test. No errors. Also have checked the drive already. I'll try to zip and attach the dumps very soon.
Thanks for your reply

I'm sorry but I don't seem to understand what to do? Do I need to buy a registry cleaner tool? Or would I just be better off with a fresh OS?
Thanks

I might have found the problem. It may have been a bad driver associated with MSI Afterburner. I tried uninstalling it. Maybe the problem will be gone now. From seeing my dumps, could that make sense?

T has read your dumps and 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is the strongest error code we have for corrupted memory. We want you to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my RAM. I don't even think it's a month old yet. But I am running the test on the first stick right now. Like I said earlier, I already ran nine passes of the windows memory test before. My RAM is rated at 1.65v its at 1.66v in the bios right now. I'm pretty sure the extra .01v isn't going to hurt anything and if anything it should increase stability. Could RAM speed be an issue? I do have it overclocked, but I have been able to pass over an hour stable in prime95. Thanks for your responses.

I have seen RAM fail brand new out of the box, a week later, a month later, 6 months later etc. So it is quite possible the RAM is bad.

We have also seen many times here where even an incremental change in voltage can cause instability. It's computer tech: anything can happen! :)

As for overclocking, absolutely that can cause instability. Set your memory to pre-overclocking settings/timings and tell us if stability is achieved.

Okay I will lower the RAM speed and timings to where they were. Or as close as I can at least. Just an update on memtest, I just finished running ten passes on it. No errors.

Back