Getting BSODs on Vista! mcdbus.sys?

Hey guys,

I need some help. I've recently started getting blue screens on my laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium. There is no error message, but it does say "mcdbus.sys", and then some parameters. I'll attach the minidump so that you guys can read it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• Mini091211-02.dmp
    134.8 KB · Views: 1
The driver cited as the cause of your issues is mcdbus.sys and it belongs to MagicDisc/MagicIso. Many people have issues with this driver/software.

Uninstall it and tell us if stability returns.

mcdbus.sys is cited as your issue which means that even though you have uninstalled the software it nevertheless left driver remnants behind one of which is mcdbus.sys. The thing is with left-over drivers is that they still try to function causing issues. This driver is still in your registry.

Also in the mix (as last time) is the driver PxHelp20.sys which was unable to load due to mcdbus.sys. This driver belongs to Sonic MyDVD, Sonic Solutions CD Burning Engine. My research has shown and I quote: "This is painful to remove and the only way to fully uninstall is through the registry.

DO NOT use registry fixers. They cause a ton more harm and provide little good.

First things first: See if MagicDisc/MagicIso has a special removal tool and use it.

Hmmm, do you have any friends that have tech knowledge? There is a tool called RegCleaner that I have used and you can delete drivers as needed. I highly caution using this because the only thing you want to remove driver wise is anything related to MagicDisc/MagicIso.

Leave all other drivers alone!

Back