Getting FTP (WINFTP Server) to work with VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibra0078

Hello everybody

I am using Winftp Server for about a while now and it works great, I can connect outside of my router to my FTP server. Just recently a script is running to my ftp server and someone is trying to get in. So what I decided to do is to use VPN connection to my network and than just use my LAN IP address 192.168.1.7 for my ftp in windows Explore. I got the vpn connection to work, I can connect from my GF house to my network no problem. The problem now is that when I go into my windows explore from my gf house and type in the address FTP://192.168.1.7 it does not work while connected VPN but if I type in my Linksys Route IP address that i have at home from my gf house it works. I been told I have to enable and open up passive mode ports for the connection vpn to work with my ftp using the LAN IP address (192.168.1.7).

This is what i'm using

1. Winftp Server (works if I open up port 21 and no problem when I use my lan or my ISP IP address.
2. VPN using Windows XPSP2 server as my vpn. I can connected from my girlfriend house but I cant connect to ftp://192.168.1.7 but I can access my Linksys router at home.

Please help me I am running Windows XPSP2. The ftp software has an option there that says passive port range 1024-1100 (numbers can be change). Also what I tried is open up those ports on my router and still no go if I connect to VPN.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back