Getting lag on games I shouldn't be

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i recently bought myself a Nvidia gtx 280 and a 650 watt power supply.

the main game i am playing is World of Warcraft and team fortress 2.
I can play TF2 with every thing on high with no lag and get 60 fps but when im playing WoW im getting like 14-30 fps in common areas.when i first bought the card i could have everything on high (including shadows) and get 60 fps its been about a month and its just gone to crap.

Im new to the site so, Was just wondering if you guys have an idea of what i can do/buy to increase my framerate in WoW.

My specs are:
processor: AMD athlon 64X2 dual core 3800+
Ram: 2gigs
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 280

wow is highly dependent on a fast cpu i would say that is the cause of the problem pairing a top end video card with a really low end cpu will make a bottleneck in the game the reason you have a bad frame rate is the shadows on wow kill a cpu unless it is top end. So turn off shadows and that should fix the problem man but besides that a new MB, Cpu, and ram would help alot.

Well, i don't raid with shadows on nor do i play with AA. I'm thinking its that my computer cant process everything thats going on? And Klepto12, What kind of CPU do you think i should go with? I'm really liking AMD at the moment. And my MB is pretty good id say. My MB is a MSI K9N4 SLI. But off topic, the reason i bought myself the gtx280 is because i had a little ol' nvidia 7300gt which yeah couldn't do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back