Getting my Corsair XMS2 to DDR2-1066

By magaman598
Jul 1, 2010
  1. So, this is my problem, I set it in the BIOS to utilize this RAM at 1066 at 7-7-7-20/2.0V according the Corsair's specs, but when I run Memtest I get tens of thousands of errors within a few minutes. Memtest on the other hand is picking it up at 7-5-4-8-32 also, the things I'm setting are the CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS, I believe those are the right things to set.

Any Idea's here guys?
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

If Memtest is picking up errors, one or both RAM modules would seem to be defective. If they are a matched set, you probably should RMA them both.

By the way, in trying to do some research on your Biostar motherboard, I discovered your CPU was not supported by your motherboard even though it evidently works. I don't know if this is in any way related to your problem. See this CPU support list: Biostar.
  3. magaman598

magaman598 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 188

Thanks for your reply Malipup but Memtest is picking the RAM up at different timings, and I believe that's the problem, but I don't have any blank cds to burn Memtest so to my knowledge I can't really do anything about that untill I can get to Wal-mart, lol.

Also, I need to get a new motherboard anyway, the second RAM slot decided to go out. :blackeye:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.