Getting popups after a Firefox crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off let me say thanks in advance for any help. I truly appreciate it.

So, I was at my usual Lakers fan site(it's a forum). I went to some links to a photo upload site and one the links opened a new tab but did not load up the page, after a couple minutes I tried to close the tab. Firefox stopped responding at that point and crashed. After that Ive had pop ups. I already had Spybot S & D installed,
when i run that it will find 5-10 things that need to be removed, the most prominent of the things is VirtuMonde. I don't have the exact file names from my previous tests. So I did some searching and found this site, im going to run Avast!, CCleaner, Marwarebytes, and SuperantiSpyware. Ill keep notes of what the scans find, at least on the ones that dont keep logs. All of these scans were run on a fresh restart.

Avast!(Thorough Scan)

-Win32.Rootkit-gen[RTK]

CCleaner

-Attached Log(two logs ran right after each other)

Malewarebytes Log

-Attached Log

SuperAntiSpyware Log

-Found 7 Items, thought I would be able to save it as a text file, but couldn't find the option to. So I didn't write down any names of the deleted/quarantined files.

HJT Log

-Attached Log(Two of them)
-First Log was ran after Avast! Scan, CCleaner(x2), MawareBytes - Anti-Malware, Super AntiSpyware, and an update to my java.
-Second Log was ran after I restarted after all the scans.

Thanks for your time.

Hi OSEP welcome to Techspot.

I will take a look at your logs tomorrow just to let you know so you are not in the dark.

Here is my findings incase you are awake GOOD JOB
only see a couple KEY's left and a Hijackthis should take care of them

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {96A7564B-8BF0-4674-9362-33A1D32A3F18} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvULbyAp.dll (file missing)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{90274CC6-F1EF-460F-B1C0-93931FD7C69F}: NameServer = 4.2.2.3,4.2.2.4

Okay, so I ran HJT again and check marked those two programs/files and selected fix.

I haven't had a pop up since the scans by the way. Thanks for taking time to look at my logs.

So I "fixed" those two things with HJT and now I cannot connect to the internet. When i was repairing those two things it asked me to close all browsers to have the best chance of success. So I closed Firefox, and after it was done I opened Firefox to make that last post. I went afk for a few minutes then came back and wasn't able to go on the internet. Its not the browser, because AVG can't update. I attempted to repair the connection, but that didn't help. Please help, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back