Getting STOP: 0X0000000A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
the other night I was chatting and web browsing on my pc desktop when I got a BSOD. Now everytime I turn on or restart my pc I keep getting bsod with the message(s) at the Windows XP loading screen

irql_not_less_or_equal

STOP: 0X0000000A (0X00000000, 0X0000001C, 0X00000001, 0X804FB02C)

I am running a Pentium Core Duo Processor, Asus Commando mobo, OCZ 1 GB RAM, EVGA 8800 GTS graphics card; with a Windows XP Pro OS.

So far I've tried:
To boot into Safe Mode, Last Good Configuration and Start Windows Normally, still getting BSOD, or sometimes when I try to get into Safe Mode it just hangs there.

Tried to Repair Install with my Windows XP Pro CD, but I got a message that my C:\ is too corrupted to repair.

Went to Repair Console, did CHKDSK /R & /P, they both stopped around 62% because "volume contains one or more unrecoverable problems". Also tried FIXBOOT just for the heck of it and still BSOD.

I haven't backed up my data on my C: so reinstalling my OS is a last ditch option.
Also I do have partitions on my HDD if that helps anyone.

I have gotten BSOD before, but that happens when I play CoD 4 or SF IV for a long time and my graphics card I think overheats. Thought maybe I had faulty RAM so I checked it with memory test software and tried swapping a different RAM stick... but occasionally I'll get a BSOD during gameplay. The latest software I installed was a Steam update on Oct 24, Adobe Lightroom around Oct 20. The latest driver installation that I can remember was for my 8800 GTS, that's where I uninstalled the previous drivers and then installed a new version; but I did that about 2 months ago.

This time it's different because I can't boot at all after the latest BSOD...

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back