Gevey Ultra S SIM unlocks GSM iPhone 4S without voiding warranty

By Shawn Knight
Feb 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A new unlocking tool for the iPhone 4S promises to do the deed without jailbreaking your handset. Known as the Gevey Ultra S SIM interposer, the plug-and-play device takes advantage…

Read the whole story
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

"Additionally, users aren?t required to dial the international emergency number (112) during installation or when rebooting."

So it's a different exploit from before then? The previous gevey sims were a bit dubious given they were sort of abusing the emergency number.
  3. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 853   +84

You didn't have to wait until someone picked up.
  4. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 853   +84

How could a Gevey SIM void your warranty?
  5. By unlocking your phone....duh
  6. It not the Gevey card, but the Jailbreaking process to your iphone void the warranty.
  7. Thinking that jailbreaking a phone voids the warranty is a myth. The Supreme Court ruled against Apple almost 2 years ago on this very issue, they ruled that jailbreaking constitutes fair use and that Apple, or any device manufacturer, can't penalize consumers for jailbreaking their devices to gain access to full device functionality.
  8. i have a sprint version of 4s, now to my understanding all 4s models are the same. so can I use the Gevey to unlock it for T-Mobile USA?
  9. It works. It does everything it claims and its super easy to use. Tried it with Orange Mobile Poland and t-mobile USa. Will be in Europe for the next month so I will be trying it with at least 5 other SIM cards.
  10. This solution is very much working in India . I have tried Vodafone , Idea , Tata-Dokomo with this sim card . This AT&T locked US based phone working here now. I have IOS 5.01 with FW 1.0.13 .
  11. Hey so where did you buy it in india and at what price?
  12. What is the exact Gevey Code for Orange Poland?

26003XX

What is the XX?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.