GF GTX 460 EVGA SuperClock / MSI cyclone

wert56boom

It's a simple question i have 160€ to buy graphic card, the best i can get for that kind of money is either EVGA gtx 460 786 SC or MSI gtx n460 786/5d Cyclone.

Which one is better?
Both cost same, one is 158€ other 160€.

Which is quieter?
I can't find accurate info, for EVGA it says max noise 40 db, but at the same time it says it is the quieter of this class. For MSI i found review that says it only produces 31 db at full load.

How does mini-hdmi/dvi to hdmi work?
I saw lots of threads on different forums, where people are reporting problems with sound when they connect gtx 460 to TV to watch movies.

Thnx for help.

So, i found more information at goru 3d, they tested some of gtx 460 cards and now it is even tougher to decide.

MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC - The idle noise levels coming from the card are downright silent, in idle you will barely hear the card as we measured 37~38 dBA, which is right below the threshold of noise coming from the PC itself.

eVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked - Despite the temperatures being a little higher on this card, that does not have an effect on overall sound levels. At its hottest measured point (64 degrees C) the fan RPM had risen towards 45% RPM, and that's still very little. So even this massively overclocked SKU remains absolutely silent.

eVGA is a couple of fps faster than cyclone in most tests, but it doesn't have a voltage raise function if i decide to further oc. Whinch means max overclock is a bit lower compare to Cyclone.

In the end i may just buy the cheapest palin gtx 460 fot 145€ and overclok it, i am sure i could oc it to 800mhz core and 4000mhz ram.

Back