gf4 dual view problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
having probs with gf4

just bought a creative blaster 4 4400.
and im having 2 probs...
1 - the Nvidia dual view is lousy. in the device manager its saying the device cannot b started. it works fine on my tv, altho im wanting my moniter to b a higher res than my tv.
eg. moniter at 1280 and tv at 800

2. my moniter keeps switching itself off, i think the gfx card isnt pushed in properly or something. sometimes my pc wont even start and i might get a long beep and 3 shorts ones meaning the gfx card isnt pushed in properly or theres bad mem. its workin fine atm...
could it b a voltage prob?

my pc config is
athlon 700 slot a
asus k7v mobo
384mb ram
sony 19" [400PS] moniter
creative labs 3d blaster 4 - nvidia v28.32 drivers
300w PSU

cheers for any help
hopefully ive explained my problems well enough
(*edited by mod)check your private messages.

jakkal, Read through this topic and use the search option. This has been a very popular topic and several questions answered.

Look at the tread at the top of the page.

Here is the link for search option, just type in GeForce or GF4...

Search 3DS

If this doesn't help, we will try to answer to our best ability !!

Maybe you should re-seat the video card in the agp slot if you think that it isnt in correctly. You may want to look at a new PSU with atleast a 350w rating from a reputable dealer, aka. PC Power and Cooling. Also, try taking some ram out if you think you have bad memory. It could be a bad DIMM causing the beep message at boot up.

cheers, but my pc died last night
so ive had to install win xp and im liking it atm
ive had no probs (yet) with my gfx card since last night.
but my pc is kinda half out from under my desk and is open
so maybe its something to do with that, god knows...
im goin to stick with the creative drivers just now
cause ive a bad feeling bout the nvidia ones, prob nothing tho.
just felt like it changed my gfx bios or soemthing...
i also took out my gf4 card and put my old gf card back in it thinking that might clean the slot out.. i replaced the gf4 and pushed it up a little, cause i think it was bent down a little, so maybe it wasnt touching all the connectors...
anyway, it works..the end... for now
cheers

...not the end
ive found out the problem
the gfx card isnt sitting in the agp slot properly.
sometimes when my moniter switches off cause of my gfx card, i touch the side of the card to gently push it in a bit, then my monitor is back on again but ussually the gfx are messed up.
at least xp doesnt delete my system files when my pc cuts off when its loading the OS.
cause thats what win2k did and thats how my pc died - a little annoying.
atm i havent screwed the card in, its just pushed into the slot and my pc workin for now till it gets kicked probably.
not sure if theres a solution to my problem, its jsut a case of keeping it in 1 possition for good, i dont know why its like this cause im pretty sure its touching all the connectors. maybe its the actual board itself or the monitor socket isnt fitted properly
cheers for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back