Giant dinosaurs could have warmed the planet with their flatulence

By Archean
May 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,749   +1,421

I object your honor, speculation!

Are we honestly paying scientist to dream up new ways of what might have been?
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,411   +281

I haven't read the article yet, but, until the last half of the Cretaceous global temperatures were actually decreasing from a previous high at the start of the Triassic. Perhaps the amount of dinosaurs greatly increased during the last half of the Cretaceous? I haven't read anything about that but maybe it happened. CO2 was really high at the beginning of the Triassic, but methane is a much stronger greenhouse gas - again though, doesn't explain the decrease in temps from the beginning of the Triassic through mid Cretaceous.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,380   +825

Well, you know what they say in academic circles, "publish, or perish". That said, perhaps hot air and flatulence from the scientific community is also contributing to global warming.

That said, nothing farts out greenhouse gases and other pollutants, like a poorly tuned, worn out, city transit, diesel bus. Take a whole herd of dinosaurs to outdo one of those clunkers.

But, don't you wish you had a few freight trains full of "Beano", and a time machine. Wonder what the ramifications of an epic journey such as that would have been?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.