Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R bios update now problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru1thirst

Need major help here. I used the bios update program that gigabyte gives you on cd called @bios. I wanted to check for a bios update because with this new build, it would not boot up with 2 sticks. So I just put in one and got it to post and boot. I then installed vista 64 bit home prem, then installed motherboard drivers from supplied cd. Everything was fine but when I tried the same boot with the other stick of memory in, it wouldn't boot. I figured it was a bios setting. Maybe have to bump the voltage a bit or something. But first I used the @bios software to check if there was a newer bios. It found one and which was F3b and now I find out the "b" is for beta but its "supposed" to be stable. Anyway, the bios update seemed to go fine. It downloaded and installed then it said it would now restart. Well it now just sits on a black screen saying its searching for the bios file or version or something like that and it does nothing and goes nowhere. I tried many times. I pulled out one stick of memory and left the one good one in and tried again. Still the same. I ended up clearing cmos and tried again. Same problem.
Anybody use this bios update process before and really does anybody know how to get back to being able to start up my machine again. I just want to be able to get in and load the old bios file that the @bios program made a backup of and is sitting in "my docs". What or where do I look for way out of this nasty loop?

Thanks for the link Zenosincks. I gave everything a shot. Tried every combo possible. Also, don't see a bios clear on this board. The board is now on it way to "The Egg" and replacement following shortly.
I'm keeping the F2 bios on the next board and not even going to screw with it!

Another quick question. i've never been through this before. When the new mb arrives, since it will be the same make and model, do I have to reinstall windows or will it be ok? Or probably better of just reinstalling windows anyway?

No, you shouldn't have to reinstall Windows if it's the same exact motherboard. Everything should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back