Gigabyte KT400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if someone could help me.... I have a Gigabyte KT400 MB and and AMD 2200XP processer and 512 Megs of RAM. It has been working fine for about 1 month at 1500+ then i realized that i forgot to set the dipswith to 166 when i did that it was working great for about 2 months then today while i was playing a game i locked up. so i tried the three fingure wammy(ctrl alt del) no response so i decied to just shut it off. I waited about 5min and booted it back up i got a post beep and it started loading windows when i got a blue sceen. So i did what it said and rebooted got the post beep again but i would not go past the ram check. so i shut it off again. Booted up and all i got on the screen was the American Treands Logo and it froze again. i shut it down and reseated everything. turned it back on... same thing. at this point i got so fed up with it i just shut it down and left it alone for about 2 hours then i turned it back i got into safemode and it locked up. so i shut it down again truned it back on same thing just the logo. I was thinking it's the RAM but im not sure... if anyone has had this or a simmiler prob pls let me know what the solution was.

Thanks in advance

Salari

It sounds like the memory to me, but you really won't know for sure until you replace it.

Yes I would suggest using only 1 stick at a time until you find the culprit. If you have only 1 sitck, then see if you can't put in a spare or buy another to test it out. As Rick said the only way to be for sure is to replace it or take 1 out at a time.

Uh you set the Dipswitch to 166 ? If you have a 2200+, the FSB should be set to 133 not 166. Unless you're talking about the RAM speed, in which case running it faster then your FSB won't be really worth it anyways.

Set the CPU to 13.5*133, & set your RAM to run in sync with the FSB.

By setting the Dipswitch to 166, it could be that you were running your CPU above specs ( which is impressive if it worked fine without even modifying VCore voltage, etc ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back