Gigabyte MA790FX-DQ6 troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm having problems with my new PC.
It started with a few blue screens and now the computer turns on but no diplay what so ever, you can hear PS running and HDD spinning but no beeps or any display! My graphics card has been checked and is working fine! I got another MOBO through warranty and still no display, i think there is something wrong with MOBO or the power supply! As i don't get the three flashing lights on keyboard, the mouse laser does not turn on and non of the USB ports carry any power.
ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IT COULD BE???

I have 4 SATA HDD 1.5 TB
ASUS 1GB Graphics card
700WATT PS
4GB of RAM

THANKS

What brand of power supply do you have and what model graphics card? I would think that 4 hard drives combined with a high-end 1GB graphics card would require a lot of juice to operate. Does the video card have any power connectors/headers and does the fan spin at all? It almost sounds like the card isn't getting the power it needs so it's not putting out any video. There is a certain amount of +12V amperage that the card needs in order to work properly. If the combined amperage on your PSUs +12V rail (there could be several) doesn't par up to what the GFX cards' needs, it probably won't work. Check the power requirements of the card and post back what the specs are on the PSU as well. Also, what happens if you clear/reset the CMOS (BIOS settings to default)?

Hi thanks for the reply
I have a OCZ GameXStream power supply 700 Watt and GFX is a ASUS EN9400GT/DI/1GD2(LP) it does have its own power plug direct from PS. The fans both spin on MOBO and GFX card.
I have reset the BIOS did not make a change. I think what i might try next is a PS tester to see if it's putting out correct voltage. I will also try a different graphics card to see if it's the graphics that's not getting enough power.

But what you are saying is sensible!
Any more ideas would be great!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back