Gmail Backup - Error

Hi, Iam unable to take backup using gmailbackup software, earlier its worked and recently it stopped working and giving error as Error: IMAP: SEARCH command error: BAD ['Could not parse command']
and Error log file contains as below

D:\GmailBackup\library.zip\gmb.py:429: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6

Can any one give a solution.

Ravi

You need a more current version of the program - - the 'DeprecationWarning' is tell us that the programmer didn't keep current with the changes in Python :sigh:

I am using the latest released version of Gmail Backup 691 - 2009-2-20 and got the same error.

What worked for me was checking the Newest Emails Only checkbox next to the date ranges on the UI.

Then it started downloading.

I am using the latest released version of Gmail Backup 691 - 2009-2-20 and got the same error.

What worked for me was checking the Newest Emails Only checkbox next to the date ranges on the UI.

Then it started downloading.
HUH? So it's ok with you that email back dated (say one month) is ignored?

Uploaded this to another thread:

Had the same problem as described and after a lot of trials and tribulation including managing to get it up and running, I thought, found that it had failed to update to the folder after 16 hours of downloading . As an ex Top Contributor to the Google forums and still posting I was determined to find a way around the problem. As of an hour ago I had an epiphany. I created a new folder and directed the backup to it. No problem downloading now including stops and re-starts. I will update a Community Manager at Google (the specific Gmail one) to see if Google can work out a fix from their end.

Back