Gmail gets better Google+ notifications on desktop, mobile

By Rick
May 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. On the Official Gmail Blog, software engineer Zohair Hyder has announced that Google is introducing improved Google+ notifications in Gmail. Users will now be able to reply to Google+ notifications directly...

Read the whole story
  2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I would pay Google for them to remove Google+ integration on each of their services and I would pay a lot, annually.
  3. mevans336

mevans336 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 163   +11

I would have to agree.
  4. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 336   +32

I would have to disagree. But I've only been using google search. I wouldn't even know google+ exists unless I come here to this website and read about people complaining.
  5. mevans336

mevans336 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 163   +11

If you use any service which requires a Google login (mainly GMail) you are typically logged into all other Google services, including plus and search. They are placing +1 icons and annoying notifications for Google Plus on all their products.

It's like Facebook is spamming the internet with their Like button.
  6. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Just like mevans336 said, if you have any kind of Google account you'll be in +1 hell.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

+1 mario

I would love to beat the guy who came up with this idea with a stuffed shark .......
  8. Try a frozen turkey...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.