TechSpot

Gmail gets better Google+ notifications on desktop, mobile

By Rick
May 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. On the Official Gmail Blog, software engineer Zohair Hyder has announced that Google is introducing improved Google+ notifications in Gmail. Users will now be able to reply to Google+ notifications directly...

Read the whole story

2. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

I would pay Google for them to remove Google+ integration on each of their services and I would pay a lot, annually.

3. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161   +11

I would have to agree.

4. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 463   +95

I would have to disagree. But I've only been using google search. I wouldn't even know google+ exists unless I come here to this website and read about people complaining.

5. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 161   +11

If you use any service which requires a Google login (mainly GMail) you are typically logged into all other Google services, including plus and search. They are placing +1 icons and annoying notifications for Google Plus on all their products.

It's like Facebook is spamming the internet with their Like button.

6. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Just like mevans336 said, if you have any kind of Google account you'll be in +1 hell.

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,680   +85

+1 mario

I would love to beat the guy who came up with this idea with a stuffed shark .......

8. Try a frozen turkey...