Gmail gets drag-and-drop attachments, better calendar tools

By Jos
Apr 16, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Google has added a couple of useful features to Gmail which are now available directly on the main client without them having to graduate from Labs. The first is based on HTML 5 and will allow users to drag-and-drop files as attachments to their emails, replacing the usual method of clicking the 'attach a file' option. Just grab a file or multiple files off your desktop, drag it into a Gmail compose window and it will automatically be uploaded and attached to your message.

Read the whole story
  2. nchetoora

nchetoora Newcomer, in training

This is a very useful features for people who are not so computer savvy, or even people like me who frequently attach files.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

eh, doesn't work in Opera. They should put more energy into making it work it with Opera (or Opera more energy into making it work with gmail).
  4. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 801   +8

@SNGX1275
    "according to Google Engineer Adam de Boor, the feature will be enabled for other browsers too as soon as they correctly support the HTML 5 drag-and-drop functionality."

It helps when you pay attention while reading :D
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,286   +281

line one is a useful comment -- no one will appreciate line two.

I am sure you never overlooked anything in your reading -- ever.:blush:
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

Its cumbersome to read the entire article when most of it doesn't appear on the forum page for the news... I saw html5 and remembered that when I tried a version of IE9 they had a html5 demo page and Opera was able to do those demos... Now there is a possibility it does work in 10.5 but I was on my Powerbook at the time and the latest version of Opera for that is 10.1 since it is a PPC computer and 10.5 is still in beta for PPCs. But that is the browser I used for the IE9 html5 test page so I made a small assumption based on that and that Opera and gMail don't always get along well (buzz in particular).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.