Gnome issues :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

just1n

wassap all - havn't posted here in a while... been up to my arm pits in school work and linux issues!

ok this question is specifically for p66.... i'm having such issues iwth gnome. i recently was having random crashes of xmms and mozilla (typical) and couldnt figure out why. so i decided that after 3 weeks i needed a reboot. after a startx at the $ i went into gnome and realize somethign wasn't right. i had no panel at the bottom of my screen and the launch panel i created to the left was gone as well.

luckily i set up xchat to lauch automatically at start up so i was able to get opera loaded and get my rear here. i tried to install ximian with links but it failed on some dependancies. so i am fresh out of ideas... i think it may have somethign to do with gdk but what do i know :eek: any ideas? i tried talking to the people in #linux on DALnet but they were no help. :mad: thanks in advance!

-j

I'm not sure if this will help coz I haven't used Gnome for a long time. Try renaming the directory Gnome uses to store all your user's settings (should be a hidden directory in your user's home directory) so that Gnome will have fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back