TechSpot

gnome issues :\

By just1n
Mar 31, 2002
  1. wassap all - havn't posted here in a while... been up to my arm pits in school work and linux issues!

ok this question is specifically for p66.... i'm having such issues iwth gnome. i recently was having random crashes of xmms and mozilla (typical) and couldnt figure out why. so i decided that after 3 weeks i needed a reboot. after a startx at the $ i went into gnome and realize somethign wasn't right. i had no panel at the bottom of my screen and the launch panel i created to the left was gone as well.

luckily i set up xchat to lauch automatically at start up so i was able to get opera loaded and get my rear here. i tried to install ximian with links but it failed on some dependancies. so i am fresh out of ideas... i think it may have somethign to do with gdk but what do i know :eek: any ideas? i tried talking to the people in #linux on DALnet but they were no help. :mad: thanks in advance!

-j

2. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 773

I'm not sure if this will help coz I haven't used Gnome for a long time. Try renaming the directory Gnome uses to store all your user's settings (should be a hidden directory in your user's home directory) so that Gnome will have fresh start.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.