Going to be running Win 7 and would like some advice on security software

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickc

I am going to be running the 64 bit and 8 gig of mem. my question is do I need any particular spyware. I am using Avast Anti Virus, and Sunbelt Personal Firewall,Are these good enough for today. If there are any more advice I need I would appreciate it.

Thanks Nick

Well if you are going free then also have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (free version does not auto protect, but you can do updated quick scans weekly, lasting 5 to 10mins)

By the way, have you considered running Windows firewall instead of Sunbelt?
One way to confirm that you don't need a 3rd party firewall is to check the logs and see if your 3rd party firewall has ever blocked any attacks. If not then why have it?

I actually know that my firewall has stopped attacks, is the Windows firewall that good? and thanks on the download.

I will second Kimslands addition of Malwarebytes, its a tremendous product. i favor Avira, but Avast gets high ratings as well, you should be set. :)

i know this is bit old but wanted to inject something. microsoft security essentials is pretty darn good, it caught some things that my other AV stuff did not and it also has active protection, did i mention that its free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back