TechSpot

Good Anti-Virus that doesn't eat up a lot of resources

By GM360
Jun 4, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, what do you guys suggest of an Anti-Virus Program that doesn't eat up a lot of resources. I need one so that it won't drop my performance in gaming(singleplayer).
    :D
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,117   +23

NOD32 is one of the lightest if not the lightest as well as an excellent detection rate.

If you want free try Avast or Anti-vir which both have free versions, but NOD32 still takes less resourcers and on NewEgg they have great deals from time to time.
  3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,625   +82

NOD32 with anti-spyware, web and both Outlook and Thunderbird mail virus protection.
  4. Whiffen

Whiffen Newcomer, in training Posts: 323

Yep, NOD32 FTW!!!

I has teh internet security version, I haven't had ANY issues with viruses or even malware!!!
  5. pimpmypc

pimpmypc Newcomer, in training Posts: 152

use avast its the lightest ive used and its free.
  6. Dr. Vader

Dr. Vader Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

I used Avast! for a long time, but it's scan rates are to slow for me, that's why I'm switching over to AVG. ><
  7. Mu5ician

Mu5ician Newcomer, in training Posts: 28

NOD32, nothing better for what you're asking.
  8. sgurschick

sgurschick Newcomer, in training

Avira AntiVirus for me. Not cpu intensive, detects malware, spyware, and rootkits. It's very customizable In addition I'll routinely run a scan with SUPERAntispyware, which has come along way in the last year or so. No one scanner will prevent or find everything. Never hurts to have more than one.
  9. Dr. Vader

Dr. Vader Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

Very true, good adware removal imo is Ad-Aware. Free and quick, and even deletes your cookies if you want it to. ><
  10. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,284   +24

NOD32, combined with Spyware Doctor from the Google Pack and the Comodo Free Firewall is what I use. It keeps my PC free of all junk.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.