Good Anti-Virus that doesn't eat up a lot of resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM360

Hi, what do you guys suggest of an Anti-Virus Program that doesn't eat up a lot of resources. I need one so that it won't drop my performance in gaming(singleplayer).
:D

NOD32 is one of the lightest if not the lightest as well as an excellent detection rate.

If you want free try Avast or Anti-vir which both have free versions, but NOD32 still takes less resourcers and on NewEgg they have great deals from time to time.

NOD32 with anti-spyware, web and both Outlook and Thunderbird mail virus protection.

Yep, NOD32 FTW!!!

I has teh internet security version, I haven't had ANY issues with viruses or even malware!!!

I used Avast! for a long time, but it's scan rates are to slow for me, that's why I'm switching over to AVG. ><

Avira AntiVirus for me. Not cpu intensive, detects malware, spyware, and rootkits. It's very customizable In addition I'll routinely run a scan with SUPERAntispyware, which has come along way in the last year or so. No one scanner will prevent or find everything. Never hurts to have more than one.

sgurschick said:
Avira AntiVirus for me. Not cpu intensive, detects malware, spyware, and rootkits. It's very customizable In addition I'll routinely run a scan with SUPERAntispyware, which has come along way in the last year or so. No one scanner will prevent or find everything. Never hurts to have more than one.

Very true, good adware removal imo is Ad-Aware. Free and quick, and even deletes your cookies if you want it to. ><

NOD32, combined with Spyware Doctor from the Google Pack and the Comodo Free Firewall is what I use. It keeps my PC free of all junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back