TechSpot

good Core 2 duo mobo

By cjmagnum
Nov 26, 2006
  1. Does anyone know a good core 2 duo mobo (possibly using a E6300) that has 2 PCI Express x16 slots? Also which is faster a E6300 or a AMD Athlon X2 4200+ duel core processor?

2. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

E6300 is way better/faster, what's is your price range for a motherboard?

3. cjmagnum

cjmagnum TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 94

Um around 200 but i hope to get less than 200. Also I do not understand duel core processors too well, how can a 1.80 ghz processor (E6300) be better than the 2.40 ghz X2 4200+?

4. CrossFire851

See you are looking at the relative clock speed of the processor. Now it's true that in the past nobody look at anything other the the clock speed (Ghz) to rate it's performance, but nowdays it's not all about that. Modern day CPU have advance architects within the cpu to allow it to get more "work" done in in a single clock cycle, in real time. Wich basally makes it more proficient and thus faster.

What country to do you live in so I can find an E-tailer at your location?

If you live in America here is a really good for not a bad price considering it's performance
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136168

5. cjmagnum

Yeah I live in America, thanks

6. CrossFire851

Do you want SLi or crossfire I missed the part where it said that you want 2 PCI-e slots.

7. cjmagnum

I use ATI, so whichever ATI uses, I forgot.

8. Draetor24

Draetor24 TS Rookie Posts: 30

ATI uses Crossfire. You'll want a regular ATI card like an ATI Radeon x1900xt, and then the 2nd card needs to be the Crossfire Edition version of that card.

9. CrossFire851

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.