Good Day, Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

yudish

Yesterday i did some of the things suggested in a thread that enhances security. One of the things i did was change the name if my administrator account, to commander. Then this morning i received an email through Outlook Express that simply said "Good Day, Commander" with no sender etc. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or not?

Is that maybe not just the standard introductory email waiting in your inbox when you first install Outlook Express and start using it? I assume that Outlook will have thought that it has been freshly installed cuz the settings have changed on your pc, it now suddenly belongs to a new account.

I thought that the standard Outlook introductory email was Welcome to Outlook or something like that. Could it possibly be someone hacking my computer? Because now the email has mysteriously disappeared from my inbox?

I had this message too, but I don't use outlook express, just firefox with gmail. No sender, no trace. I've noticed that many other people are getting these messages too, with the syntax as follows, substituting _____ for their last name:

Good day, commander
_____
Bye

_____
_____
_____
_____
_____

interesting, no?

I doubt it's a client-side hack, it must be some big spam chain or something.

Hi,
I don't think this SPAM email is anything to do with Outlook Express. I got it too, only, I run PEGASUS mail, noy outlook express. I have been getting a lot of nuisance SPAM recently, Suspect someone has compromised my PC security, or/and my address is out on some list that is being circulating. Whatever, the [FROM] addresses shown in the headers are bogus.

I had 2 of these in my inbox this morning. Got past the server side spam filtering too. I deleted them already, but one was Good Day, Commander. Another just said 'Good Afternoon', with a recieved time of 2:34 AM heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back