Good digital camera under £150?

Mister_K

Hey just got a quick question.

I am looking to buy a Digital Camera for my mother for Christmas for below £150. Now Iv been looking around ebuyer and have found a decent camera by Fujifilm called Fujifilm Finepix S3200 but I don't know if its good value for money.

Any ideas? Its not going to be used for videos, mainly for pictures and quality is the key ^^

Hope this is the right section of the forum to ask this.

Thanks in Advance.

I don't know if you can buy stuff from woot over there, but woot.com has this right now:
Samsung 14MP Digital Camera with 12X Schneider-KREUZNACH Lens and 3.5" Touchscreen
$129.99

What do you think its a good camera for £250? Thinking of either Canon PowerShot SX30IS or Fujifilm FinePix HS20 for my mum for Christmas, not a professional photographer but you know, something that takes damn good pictures and is fairly easy to use yet has decent amounts of features (can always learn etc..)

I have a Canon S3IS that I got many years ago. Its fantastic, and even though its showing its age with only 6MP the lens is good on it that it takes much better pictures than my smaller 10MP Sanyo. So I'd vote for the SX30. The SX150IS is also pretty good for a lot cheaper.

With the SX ones, I think you have the ability (although maybe limited) to change lenses if you want. I'm pretty sure with the S3IS I have I can add a different lens if I want, so its sort of an inbetween PnS and DSLR.

The S3IS is 6MBpx which is kind of low, don't you think? Wouldn't the quality of pictures be low? Or is there not much difference between 6MBpx and 12MBpx +?

Yes. I wasn't suggesting that one, was just saying I have one that I bought many years ago and its been very good. So I was just saying I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Canon.

I wanted to get this camera! But I haven't yet...if you do, let me know how it is :p

There was also a Panasonic Lumix, in similar price which I was looking into.

Check on Amazon.

TBH for the price you're willing to spend, Cannon and Nikon seem a long shot.

Yes. I wasn't suggesting that one, was just saying I have one that I bought many years ago and its been very good. So I was just saying I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Canon.

Ah ok, sorry :p

Yeah will be looking around, need something bang for buck / entry level photography. With cams you get just keep going all the way up to £2K :x

Back