Good fps for Guild Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

until a few months ago, i thought my machine was still capable of running guild wars at fairly decent speeds. but then i did some looking online at some of the newest stuff (after waisting money on a crappy vid card "visiontek x1300). i learned about SLI and crossfire gpu's and motherboards. then it hit me, im only running an average of 20 fps.

So i then decided it was time to gather some money up and start buying new parts for a new rig. i am just wondering what good FPS numbers would be for the online game "guild wars".

thanks in advance.

FPS is determined basically on what system you have and what your personally preferences are, I personally don't mind FPS at 30 ( When I record with FRAPs I have it limited at 30 ) as it's very smooth and you don't really see a difference after 30.

But for a game like Guild Wars, since it's a MMORPG and has many people in 1 area a good framerate would be in the 50+ area. Since Guild Wars doesn't require much hardware, you could just get a simple nVidia 7600-7800 and it'll run very well.

I've deliberately limited GW to 30 fps as I don't see a need for any higher amount.

You can set it yourself with -maxfps parameter in the shortcut properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back