TechSpot

Good fps for Guild Wars?

By tastegw
Jan 1, 2008
  1. until a few months ago, i thought my machine was still capable of running guild wars at fairly decent speeds. but then i did some looking online at some of the newest stuff (after waisting money on a crappy vid card "visiontek x1300). i learned about SLI and crossfire gpu's and motherboards. then it hit me, im only running an average of 20 fps.

So i then decided it was time to gather some money up and start buying new parts for a new rig. i am just wondering what good FPS numbers would be for the online game "guild wars".

thanks in advance.

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

FPS is determined basically on what system you have and what your personally preferences are, I personally don't mind FPS at 30 ( When I record with FRAPs I have it limited at 30 ) as it's very smooth and you don't really see a difference after 30.

But for a game like Guild Wars, since it's a MMORPG and has many people in 1 area a good framerate would be in the 50+ area. Since Guild Wars doesn't require much hardware, you could just get a simple nVidia 7600-7800 and it'll run very well.

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

I've deliberately limited GW to 30 fps as I don't see a need for any higher amount.

You can set it yourself with -maxfps parameter in the shortcut properties.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.