Good games for a crappy graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fastzr

Hey, I love gaming but for now I m stuck on a shity laptop here are the stats, does anybody know any good games that might work? Also in Portal how do I fix the "hl2.exe isn't responding" error?

Intel Core 2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz
1.82GHz, 1 GB of RAM
Intel Express Chipset Family 945 GMA 950

Thx for all the help,
fastzr

To answer your first question. You may have missed the sticky when you posted in this forum ;) Mind you, 22000 people viewed it, so it couldn't have been too hard to see :rolleyes:
Great games that don't need great hardware to run

As for the second Q. Have you tried to re-install it? Please note, that's all I wanted to say :)

Thanks I did miss it.... I'm not very good at finding things and yes I have tried re-nstalling it.

Thx,
fastzr

P.S. Is there anyway to get Hardware T&L without buying a new graphics card?

I don't know I used "Can you run it" and most games fail because I don't have Hardware T&L and Vertex Shader 2.0, I don't know what ether of them are.

Oh Transform and Lighting
Sounds strange to me, but if they need this in your new Video card for gaming, so be it
So check the specs on your card and see if it has it then ;)

You are going to have a hard time getting a video card upgrade for a laptop. Most of them it is impossible, some it is possible but difficult. In any case we would need to know the model of laptop that you have in order to determine if it is even a possibility.

Damn, that sucks

well thanks for all the help...
Ill have to be contend with Warcraft and Gothic 2.

Fastzr

You should check out the sticky Kim pointed you too. There are some great older games that run decent on older hardware. I personally had to game for a couple years on a laptop and managed fine (20-30fps) on certain games. And that was a few years ago so I'm sure you can find something you'd enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back