Good hard drives

By EchoSavior
Mar 10, 2010
  1. I live near a Fry's electronics and am getting Windows 7 and a new 1TB or more hard drive for my PC. I do game. and if I have to I have 1 dual channel that supports DDR 2 ram and will buy that if need be.

Since currently I am running Windows XP 32bit and have 2gb of 32bit ram which Id like to not replace but will if you think I should. Should I get Windows 7 32bit or 64bit and if I get 64 bit should I get 64bit ram and like 4gb of it? and my final question is what are some solid names of ram and hard drive manufacturers
  2. Punkid

Punkid TS Guru Posts: 420

first off, good choice of finally moving on from XP :p ...well as far as 32bit vs 64 is concerned here is the answer:
    Should You Install Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

as far as a good hard drive manufacturer, i think many will agree that western digital is the way to go, their hard drives are well prices and available in all capacities and some are available with 5 year warranty ,an example would be the WD Caviar Black 1TB which is available with 5 years warranty and costs under a hundred dollars
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.