Good PC for gaming?

By slikkiller3
Feb 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,317   +117

That's no good for gaming at all.
    I suggest you look into a desktop PC and probably a bit larger budget.
  2. slikkiller3

slikkiller3 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Well can you give me a link to a good labtop for gaming which is cheap (best buy please *canada*)
  3. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 467

you are going to spend more on a mediocre laptop that will play games on low-medium settings than you will on a desktop that plays the same game on medium-high settings. What is your budget? Best Buy has a couple in the $1000-1200 range but I HIGHLY suggest you shop elsewhere. You should look into an ASUS laptop or consider a desktop.

Keep in mind, though, that as a rule of thumb, a true gaming laptop is:
    Bulky
    Heavy
    Large
    (very) Expensive
    and Let's just call it "semi-portable"
  4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 951   +97

Are you going to be on move alot? There is no point of buying a laptop if it is going to stay in 1 place most of the times. Sure it saves space and it has portability but that is about it.

If you are not keen on buying hardware and putting together a self built PC which will save you cost then there are other options available for you.

What is your budget? Something starting at around $400-$500 will get you a semi decent machine, moving to $600-$800 will get you pretty good machine and around the $1000 mark you get a pretty beastly rig ;)

What are you looking to do on it? Gaming only or anything else? Oh and as I said, you budget ;)

PS:

Whoah 301 posts, I am not even active on the forums lol xD Just a leecher reading threads ^^ Anywhooooo
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,858   +343

if you are still looking at this, spring for an A6-3420M OR an A8-3520M (thats the name of the chip) laptop.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.