TechSpot

Good picture on a 21" T.V.

By Ollie30001
Mar 25, 2006
  1. Morning, Afternoon and Evaning,
    I am trying to hook my computer up to my T.V. (Mainly to play games, but would like also to use it for browsing the web as well) i have a few of them video cables(ones with the yellow plug, i have done it before but the picture wasnt that clear and icons an that was kinda unreadable.

Is there any better cables or something i need to buy or am i fine with the yellow ended cable?

Is there settings any one can tell me about to get a good picture out of my pc on my T.V.?

Cheers.

2. Chatline100

Chatline100 TS Rookie Posts: 31

I have used a digisender with the yellow cable from the graphics card to the digisender. Works great, theres a problem, no sound ..... i'm not to sure on the sound bit i haven't discovered it yet

3. Ollie30001

Ollie30001 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 144

Cheers, ill look into one of them.

and about the sound, i think i got all that figured actually.

I am planning on just running an audio cable from the socket on the back of my computer to either a suround sound system i have (in the decoder bit) or to this stereo system i got that i used to use for my ps2.

If any one can see anything i missed out that will stop me from doing this, please feel free to let me know...

Cheers for that Chatline100 btw.

4. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,221

The sound part is correct, that's the best way to do it. As for the video, you have to remember a monitor is much much better then a TV for resolution. An NTSC TV (North America) will have only 525 lines of resolution at 60 half frames/per sec, and a PAL TV (almost the rest of the world) will have 625 lines at 50hlaf frames/sec.

A standard crappy monitor can go to 1200X780, a good high end can do 2200X1600. So unless you have a very nice HDTV or an LCD/Plasma it's probably not really worth the trouble.

Cheers.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.