Good picture on a 21" T.V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Morning, Afternoon and Evaning,
I am trying to hook my computer up to my T.V. (Mainly to play games, but would like also to use it for browsing the web as well) i have a few of them video cables(ones with the yellow plug, i have done it before but the picture wasnt that clear and icons an that was kinda unreadable.

Is there any better cables or something i need to buy or am i fine with the yellow ended cable?

Is there settings any one can tell me about to get a good picture out of my pc on my T.V.?

Cheers.

I have used a digisender with the yellow cable from the graphics card to the digisender. Works great, theres a problem, no sound ..... i'm not to sure on the sound bit i haven't discovered it yet

Cheers, ill look into one of them.

and about the sound, i think i got all that figured actually.

I am planning on just running an audio cable from the socket on the back of my computer to either a suround sound system i have (in the decoder bit) or to this stereo system i got that i used to use for my ps2.

If any one can see anything i missed out that will stop me from doing this, please feel free to let me know...

Cheers for that Chatline100 btw.

The sound part is correct, that's the best way to do it. As for the video, you have to remember a monitor is much much better then a TV for resolution. An NTSC TV (North America) will have only 525 lines of resolution at 60 half frames/per sec, and a PAL TV (almost the rest of the world) will have 625 lines at 50hlaf frames/sec.

A standard crappy monitor can go to 1200X780, a good high end can do 2200X1600. So unless you have a very nice HDTV or an LCD/Plasma it's probably not really worth the trouble.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back