Good way to get new MP3 music downloads?

Hello guys,

Just as the question goes, I was wondering what would be some good ways to discover and get new mp3 music downloads?

Was just thinking I need to find some new mp3 music to listen to and possibly to discover new artists or music genres or anything like this.

So what do you guys do when you feel the need to download or get new mp3 music songs? Any good music download sources I should know about?

I don't know about everyone else around here, but I'm going to go out on a limb, and personally think that you more than likely know of good web sites to get your music from. I don't know, I could be wrong here, but why is the universe giving me the sense to use the word "vindication"!

If your truly looking for a good source, do as I do, subscribe to Apple iTunes and pay for what you download. Or if your fancy is not in line with Apple products or programs, why not subscribe to Microsoft's Zune's service's, again for the most part another "pay as you go" program.

I don't know here, smelling a little ((fishy)) if you ask me!

For discovering new music you could try http://www.spotify.com,

I have a few friends that use it, involves a subscription fee. But then you can listen to anything. Of course the limitation is that it's streamed so you have to have a 3g/Broadband connection and you don't keep any of the music. Stop the subscription, lose access to the music. But a good way of discovering artists. Then if you want to own the music can buy the music digitally online from traditional sources as suggested by Zen.

Well thank you for the "warm" welcome and the vote of confidence.

Can't a guy ask about other people's preferences regarding where they get mp3 music downloads from without being regarded as "fishy"?

If I already knew all good web sites to get your music from that I probably wouldn't have wasted anyone 's time to ask about this sort of things.

And you're right I don't fancy Apple products or programs or anything from them anymore.

Hello guys,

Just as the question goes, I was wondering what would be some good ways to discover and get new mp3 music downloads?

Was just thinking I need to find some new mp3 music to listen to and possibly to discover new artists or music genres or anything like this.

So what do you guys do when you feel the need to download or get new mp3 music songs? Any good music download sources I should know about?
Usually college radio stations are good for this sort of thing. Unless of course you want to download first, then listen.

I know, listening to the radio is just so quaint. :rolleyes:

There's always Amazon.com. They have a massive selection of MP3 downloads.

(I threw in the emoticon to make you feel "loved").

Shoutcast

To give you a favorable reception as a newcomer, I’d advise you to try
http://www.shoutcast.com
claiming “48,400 Free Internet Radio Stations”
That should be enough for you to start with. :rolleyes:

Further, you can choose from about 25 Radio Genres, which might include some new to you, as you wanted…they are new to me anyway.

Last but not least, there are tools, including freeware, which will not only download what you like, but also they “keep listening” continuously till they “hear” a title or something you specified and then download that. To top it all up, I am informed that this method of downloading music for free is entirely legal. It’s a bit like taping what’s played on the radio, in case you’re old enough to know what this practice meant a few decades ago.

shoutcast.com

Further, you can choose from about 25 Radio Genres, which might include some new to you, as you wanted…they are new to me anyway.

Last but not least, there are tools, including freeware, which will not only download what you like, but also they “keep listening” continuously till they “hear” a title or something you specified and then download that. To top it all up, I am informed that this method of downloading music for free is entirely legal. It’s a bit like taping what’s played on the radio, in case you’re old enough to know what this practice meant a few decades ago.

@captaincranky:D thanks for the emoticon, now I feel more loved.:))

Well you know, actually now that you mentioned it I suppose it would be a good idea to start listening to more web radios. Indeed,I'm used to first downloading mp3's before getting to the listening part but suppose I have to go with the flow.

Thanks for the shoutcast tip, knew about it but guess I didn't pay that much attention to it till now.

Say, whaddya mean about those tools that hear a title and then download it? Do you mean you can use them to download mp3 music from radios or what?

Sorry if I seem a bit annoying asking all these questions but I guess I'm new to this sorta things.

shoutcast.com

Agree with this, shoutcast has quite a large database with online streaming radios. There was another one, tunein think it was called, they also claim to have more than 50,000 web radios gathered there.

Plenty to get things started and if you just cannot live without having mp3 music downloads on the hard disk, you can use that method to "listen" and record web radio streams to mp3 for some time shifting .

There are apps for the job, like some *cough* Audials *cough* piece of software. I didn't use it of course to record or save streaming radio music to mp3 ;) but if you should try it, just remember to keep the music u got this way for your own use, it's not for sharing everywhere.

I use Grooveshark and Spotify at College, bloody site/program I tell ya! :p

Agreed, they're actually quite cool both for streaming music online though I prefer Grooveshark, dunno why.

Btw, guess you can also record streaming music from Grooveshark or Spotify with that Audials program I mentioned earlier, if u need to do some time shifting.

Back