TechSpot

Google acquires company behind top iOS photo app Snapseed

By Jos
Sep 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google today revealed it has agreed to buy Nik Software, a German company that makes photo editing applications for amateur and professional photographers. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but according to The Verge, the acquisition was centered...

Read more
  2. Alvaro

Alvaro TS Rookie Posts: 41   +8

Hopefully Silver Efex keeps going strong, but I'm afraid Google is not interested in pro software.
  3. They are also behind Nikon's Capture NX software, and Nikon have made capital investment in them in the past too, so I wonder if Nikon and Google will start a co-operation too ?
  4. Alvaro

Alvaro TS Rookie Posts: 41   +8

Err, I'd rather Adroid stayed away from my DSLR; good thing Apple didn't get to them sooner, I guess.
  5. wcbert

wcbert TS Rookie Posts: 71

I was not happy to read about this. I have many of Nik Software's products to "enhance" my photographs in Lightroom/Photoshop. I really do not believe Google has any interest in Lightroom/Photoshop as this software is not for the masses, but for photographers.

If you have ever dealt with Nik Software as a company you will know how friendly their customer support is and how they go out of the way to help the "photographer" community.

I have a google phone and Snapseed on my IPad. But still I do not want to edit my raw files on IPad.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.