TechSpot

Google algorithm updated for fresher results

By Rick
Nov 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In addition to updating the look of its core products such as Gmail, Docs and Reader, Google has improved the secret sauce of its staple search product to include a…

Read the whole story
  2. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 133

I agree with these changes because recently they came to need. I am interested in developing for Android. Every query I was searching related to specific functions, returned archived material from the early days of Android. Some search terms require more recent results to have more weight such as searching for versioned software.
  3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

I know it's superficial, but I am using bing over google only because bing is prettier. I will manually go to maps.google.com if I need it, but bing works fine mostly and is lovely looking instead of hospital white.
  4. moveres

moveres TS Rookie

Now we will get more relevant items when you search, also smaller sites have a higher chance to get a better ranking.:)
    Completely changes the game for article marketing. I don't know if this is bad how ever, it will force us and others to make things more relevant and place them in areas that are more relevant. It also gives more of a value to a service like a VA.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.