TechSpot

Google and Samsung postpone release of Nexus Prime smartphone

By Shawn Knight
Oct 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Update: All Things D has since confirmed that the delay is out of respect for Steve Jobs.

Read the whole story
  2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

Hmm, Google isn't evil? I must concede, they are a nice company if this news is accurate.
  3. chaboi390

chaboi390 TS Rookie Posts: 83

maybe they still want GS2 to be their cashcow for a bit longer....
  4. I hope this delay doesn't take too long. I'm eligible to upgrade tomorrow but I was waiting on this announcement before making a purchase. Hopefully its just the announcement that's delayed and not the actual release date. Call me insensitive but someones death, even Steve Jobs, is no reason to put everything on hold. They could pay their respects another way. If you're reading this Samsung, just announce the damn phone already. Get it in the hands of your loyal customers and put a well deserved dent in Apples profits. Why give them a chance to sell more iphones while they sit back and file their lawsuits?
  5. I agree with You. There is something else behind this postpone...
  6. yorro

yorro TS Enthusiast Posts: 245

I haven't saved up enough yet, so this news is ok to me.
  7. I already bought HTC Sensation and don't care about stupid Samsung :D
  8. Hey if I was stuck with a qualcomm SoC and 786mb of ram on a UI that is the most resource hungry out of any smartphone I'd pretend I wasn't jealous as well. Don't worry, your inferior phone isn't that bad, it just isn't very good.

Well I better get back to my SGS II.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.