TechSpot

Google announces trio of Nexus devices, Android 4.2 with Miracast and multiple account support

By Jos
Oct 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google was forced to cancel an Android event planned for this morning due to Hurricane Sandy, but the company still went ahead and revealed its revamped Nexus lineup in a blog post. As rumored, a new Nexus phone manufactured by...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

Man, that Nexus 10 looks sweet. The resolution is incredible. I haven't bothered with a tablet so far, but this one definitely has my attention. Might have to be a Christmas gift to myself. :D

3. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Enthusiast Posts: 343   +20

"as well as a 10-inch screen at 2560 x 1600 resolution, clocking in at 300pp"

Wow... talk about pixel density... This has piqued my interest.

4. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

Very cool. I will picking up the Nexus 10 for sure. However, while I understand Google not wanting to work with carriers to provide LTE I will not be getting the the Nexus 4 phone. I have grown too used the the LTE speeds. I'll stick to my S3 for the time being but can't wait for the Nexus 10!

5. It's good to use the 10" at home and for kids.

6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

Holy display, Batman.

Anyone care to shed some more details on the CPU choice though..?

7. Matt12345170

Matt12345170 TS Member Posts: 96   +18

Hmm, that's a nice price for a unlocked smartphone, from the looks of it, a fairly good one too!

8. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 352   +57

Believe it is an Exynos 5250 (Exynos 5 Dual), 1.7GHz Dual Core A15 with a Mali-T604 quad core GPU.

9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 979   +31

Which from the specs and few benchmarks available would be about as powerful CPU and GPU wise as an AMD E-350 (or even a little faster). Which I find impressive. I'll wait for some benchmarks though.

I wish I didn't hate big phones. The Nexus 4 looks sweet for the price.

10. Emmc15

Emmc15 TS Rookie Posts: 19

Nexus 4 for Christmas I think, hopefully it will cost roughly 300 euro fo the 16 gb model as it is close to that when you convert it.

11. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 481   +8

Considering the Nexus 4 if it will work well with Straight Talk in my area.

12. Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson TS Rookie

Why would a Google flagship phone be launching with on of the worst networks available? That's like putting a Honda Civic engine in a Ferrari.

13. No it is like putting a Ferrari engine in a Honda Civic.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.